sábado, 4 de octubre de 2008

Goin' global

Last night, as I was falling asleep, some strange ideas crossed my mind, the kind that, like the ones you have when you're about to wake up, you can't really tell if they're dreams or actual thoughts.

One of those ideas was about me having to write, again, something in English (the first and only time was like 5 months ago...). Now, for me that shouldn't be much of a challenge since supposedly I am capable of doing so. But, as always, there´s something else. And that something is that, well, I have no idea how to get the job done. Somehow I have to make my tongue-in-cheek style (so well known in Spanish) appealing for a global audience. And that's exactly what worries me...

Anyway, I have to start with today's experience, and a very unpleasant feeling I had the moment I went into the ANU gym. The feeling? Well, it looks that such a place is filled with faggots. That's right, I couldn't help but noticing that most guys in there are pretty much in love with themselves, or are in the lookout for someone as image-self-conscious as themselves. It' not that you can't stare at your image in the mirror, it's just that when you feel someone ELSE is staring at you or smiling for a second too long, I start to feak out.

Also I have noticed that very few people go by themselves; there's always the need of going with as many friends as possible, otherwise it'd be simply unacceptable to step in that horrible place. Of course, once you're there with your mates, you're more than allowed to moan (as loudly as possible) so that everyone else notices how much weight you're benchpressing and how short your pants are... simply disgusting. Not to mention the hordes of dark skin guys (I don't fucking care where they are from) that apparently enjoy smelling their own stench, or they simply don't notice or don't care. If they want to smell like fucking rotten onions I don't give a damn, but if they are going to a public space they should show some consideration for those who DO shower once in a while... but of course you see them bragging about their muscles. I just wonder what's the kind of girl that'd go near them smelling like that... maybe a female pig with really low self esteem.

Yeah, you might think that I'm very intolerant but that's not the case. I think it's just a matter of common sense, really

In the meantime, I'll just have to go at more unconventional hours. And of course, avoid my beloved thight shorts and tank-tops... so sad.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

roooocco. yo tuve una mala experiencia con un wey de esos ahora que estuve en hamburg....pero bueno....saludos mi roxxo y ya no admires tus musculos...
atte la milo