viernes, 4 de abril de 2008

Acelérele cabrón!


Don't know where to start. I just downloaded the brand new R.E.M. album, Accelerate, a few hours ago. Critics seemed to like it so I was soooooo eager to put my hands upon it. Once again I confirmed that Soulseek is waaaaay better than all those nerdy blogs.

Now thoughts have catched up with me, I suddenly realize this is the first R.E.M. album I've heard without buying it first (original of course...). Will I ever buy it? I think so. Very soon indeed.

As a die-hard fan, it is difficult to accept the fact that the last album (Around the Sun) was disappointing. In fact I could say nothing's been the same since the drummer Bill Berry quit the band in 1997. How do I know? Well for once, I memorized maybe 90% of the lyrics for the previous 11 or so albums. After that, mhhh maybe 30%. That tells me a lot.

Anyways I must say this was no disappointment at all. I enjoyed it very much while working out, as it is so up-tempo, a homage to their earlier records, with very energetic guitars and crazy drums. Nuff said, you should check it out yourself. I'm sure I'll like it more and more after repeated listening.

Super natural super serious súper chingón!

No hay comentarios: